Welcome To Tales Of Talisman Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome To Official Tales Of Talisman Private Server.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.

Go down 
+4
DragonKiss
gelo514
Leo
GhettoGrandpa
8 posters
AuthorMessage
GhettoGrandpa

GhettoGrandpa

Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. Empty
PostSubject: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 3:38 am

MSCOMCTL.OCX STILL a failure......................

A file is missing or invalid.

BEFORE you say something, send me a link etc.
I downloaded from ocxdump and still the same error.

Erm................... #19
Back to top Go down
Leo
Admin
Admin
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptyWed Jul 20, 2011 1:24 pm

its system file ... can u tell me what OS u used e.g: W7 x32 or x64 ....
Back to top Go down
gelo514

PostSubject: MoLLy   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:42 am

sir leo.. what happened to the server? why did i get disconnected and now i cant log in?? is there something wrong? or server under maintenance at this moment? please reply to this sir.. thanks #28
Back to top Go down
GhettoGrandpa

GhettoGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 12:41 pm

Windows 7 Ultimate #8
Back to top Go down
Leo
Admin
Admin
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 5:44 pm

GhettoGrandpa W7 x32 bit?? or 64?
Back to top Go down
GhettoGrandpa

GhettoGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 4:46 am

32 bit
Back to top Go down
Leo
Admin
Admin
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 6:18 am

just google it .. for all W7 x32 that file i put in launcher worked for them all ..
u should try copy the file to c:/windows/system 32
Back to top Go down
GhettoGrandpa

GhettoGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:10 pm

somewhy it doesn't work on my crappy PC
Back to top Go down
DragonKiss

PostSubject: хи   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptyWed Jul 27, 2011 8:52 am

I have the same problem and I am with win7 32 bit, put file, as in system 32 but no change still gives me the same error
Back to top Go down
Leo
Admin
Admin
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 8:17 am

hi there ..
i have uploaded for u exe file that run game direct but u have after that to download patchs manually when we have

linke here
Download here
Back to top Go down
GhettoGrandpa

GhettoGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:31 am

Thx #23 works now
Back to top Go down
GhettoGrandpa

GhettoGrandpa

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:40 am

GhettoGrandpa

Connection Succeed

Server>Fantasy

Char>
GhettoGrandpa
[OK]

Client disappears....
Back to top Go down
casualtie

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 10:15 am

i got the same problem here with the MSCOMCTl file,
i got a 64 bit system tho and i cant rly get the client started :/
Back to top Go down
akosipher

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 8:42 am

Had the same problem before and but now I got Aquiring IP pls, I already uninstalled my a-virus, downloaded the new patch and also the link that was given for the exe file.... help.... still not working im using w7, xp both 32 bit for 5 pc's, and i have 1 64bit w7 HELP...
Back to top Go down
Leo
Admin
Admin
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 9:24 am

try to enter our site and tell me if u can or not
Back to top Go down
akosipher

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 6:00 pm

I can enter the site I could even log in here I have a good connection speed..
Back to top Go down
Leo
Admin
Admin
Leo

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 2:22 am

your ip not banned and for me no problems in firewall ...
the problem from ur computer ..
just to know uninstalling avast dont help .. so just install it again and b4 run the game turn the antivirus off,,
Back to top Go down
amacle12

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 6:52 pm

mscomctl.ocx is an activex file. Even if you place a new copy in \Windows\System32\ (x86) or \Windows\SysWOW64\ (x64) (32 or 64 bit) you still need to re-register the file.

Full solutionis as follows.

1. download the file and copy into the approptiate folder as shown above yyy.majorgeeks.com/files/mscomctl.zip

2. start a command promt by hitting start>run then typing cmd and pressing enter

3. resister the file using the following command

regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx

This should install a fresh copy of the file and let windows know its there and hopefuly will solve the issue.

Another optio if this seems like too much or fails is to try running the launcher in windows xp compatability mode if possible.
Back to top Go down
eville

eville

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. EmptySat Jan 21, 2012 1:21 am

amacle12 wrote:
mscomctl.ocx is an activex file. Even if you place a new copy in \Windows\System32\ (x86) or \Windows\SysWOW64\ (x64) (32 or 64 bit) you still need to re-register the file.

Full solutionis as follows.

1. download the file and copy into the approptiate folder as shown above yyy.majorgeeks.com/files/mscomctl.zip

2. start a command promt by hitting start>run then typing cmd and pressing enter

3. resister the file using the following command

regsvr32 mscomctl.ocx

This should install a fresh copy of the file and let windows know its there and hopefuly will solve the issue.

Another optio if this seems like too much or fails is to try running the launcher in windows xp compatability mode if possible.

You forgot to tell him to UNZIP the file first using WinZIp or WinRAR.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.   Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error. Empty

Back to top Go down

Leo, MSCOMCTL.OCX still giving me an error.
Page 1 of 1